The implementation of the HPE solutions for the needs of Polish-Japanese Academy of Computer Technologies (PJATK) was a complete success.
It enabled the Warsaw school to achieve one of the most modern computer laboratories in our part of the continent. Its resources will contribute to the development of future engineers’ competences as well as support many projects performed by other research centres.
Computing power used in science
The task to implement HPE solutions was conducted by ESKOM engineers in the scope of of the project “Heterogenic Computing Cloud as the Multimode Research Centre (HCO-WLB)” which allows PJATK and other entities to conduct research, requiring the involvement of huge computing power. Acting in the role of an experienced partner of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, the team was responsible for efficient implementation of the infrastructure in the laboratory equipped with:
- four HPE BL460c servers installed in the HPE BladeSystem housing with Virtual Connect Flex-10/10D modules,
- Moonshot m1500 server with sixteen HPE ProLiant m300 server cartridges,
- two HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8200 matrices, DL380 Gen9 servers and the newest NVIDIA and Intel graphic accelerators,
- two HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8200 matrices.
The infrastructure implemented by ESKOM provided the school with the opportunity to conduct research at the very high level. PJATK heterogenic cloud is to support, e.g. innovative projects on automatic translation and processing of natural language, machine learning and sound analysis.
- The next year ESKOM receives HPE Platinum Partner
- ESKOM HPE Platinum Partner
- ESKOM at the HPE partnership congress
- HPE Discover 2015 in London is behind us
- HPE Synergy
- HPE Servers
- HPE Servers ProLiant BL (Blade)
- HPE 3PAR StoreServ
- HPE Moonshot
- HPE Superdome Flex
- HPE StoreOnce
- HPE MSA
- HPE and Aruba Networking